The BOOST project aims to improve the employability of rural young unemployed people. DARD provides co-funding in conjunction with DEL and the project is delivered on the ground by Advantage Foundation Ltd from Carrickfergus.
BOOST has been developed to help reduce economic inactivity among unemployed young people in the 16-24 age range by helping them to gain the core skills needed for employment. Through the project structure, which includes face to face workshops, an interactive support package, access to a network of ‘Employment Mentors’ and the provision of industry endorsed certification on completion; BOOST will help to remove barriers to employment and will enhance opportunities for those who will be seeking employment in the future.
Each student receives a:
· FREE "Get that Job Toolkit”- an interactive disc that allows you to work through the practical skills required by employers at your own pace, in your own home.
· £25 payment towards interview essentials
· Certificate approved by employers
· Support from Boost for up to 6 months
· Exclusive content via e-mail, including our ‘‘Get That Job Masterclass’’ series
· Plus get the inside
track on what employers really want.